Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween

I remember when we lived in Lagos that holidays just weren't the same when we were living outside the U.S.  Today is Halloween, and as I know my friends and family had fun Halloween parties this past weekend and are going trick or treating today, I really do miss that.  I have learned to make the best of the holidays no matter where we are.:)  Here, in The Netherlands, we carved jack- o- lanterns...

Don't ask me why Elizabeth cut the nose out to make one giant nose/mouth!


And toasted pumpkin seeds...

and went to a really fun food and wine festival on Friday night...

Jeremy was having no pictures taken:)



band playing on the stage under one of the tents:)
where I had some really delicious Dutch soup...

and there was even a tipi....
 with a fire to keep the kids warm...
Jeremy's soccer team won on Saturday!:)

Who wouldn't like a giant chocolate Euro coin for Halloween on Halloween morning??!!
To all of my friends and family back in the U.S. celebrating Halloween today, I wish you a Happy and safe Halloween and don't be too jealous when we are out collecting candy on Nov. 11 for Saint Martin's Day!!!!:)  Oh, and we turned our clocks back one hour this weekend....so nice to have anextra hour of sleep!!   Just sayin!:)

Doei!

No comments:

Post a Comment